dusty lenses...could it be from static charge?

hazzayoungn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Both my lenses have a tendency to get rather dusty on the front and rear elements while sitting around. It seems like they dont stay clean for long after i give them a wipe with the cloth.

I think I might be (accidentally) charging them when i rub, but i have no way to prove my theory. has anybody else had an instance of hideous recurring dust, or know how to "fix" it?

thanks

I never try to leave the backs of my lenses uncovered for more than a few seconds.

There isnt too much dust in the front of my lens I use a blower to blow them off, but there is this one peice of dust on the first peice of glass behind the outter lens which I cant get rid of.

I never try to leave the backs of my lenses uncovered for more than a few seconds.

i usually dont either...but somehow dust settles there occasionally. definitely not as badly as the front

Could be static. I have real issues in the winter when the furnace is running -- it dries out the air. Plus I usually have a fleece jacket on, which doesn't help the situation. A little while back I was trying to get my lens and new UV filter clean so I could mount it and leave it. No matter how hard I tried the dust and fuzz just kept clinging to the surfaces. I gave up after 10 minutes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back