Dutch oven recipes

zedin

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok.. I am being forced to participate in a dutch oven cookoff with my family this year (been just mooching previous years). Anyone got any really really good and orginal dutch oven recipes that you like to share? Don't want to do anything typical.

How long are you looking at before the cook off? One week, two weeks?

What size and brand of oven are you talking about using?

Are you using propane, wood or ?

Is it a multi dish cook off and what is your experience?

Sorry for all the questions but the information helps when I look for the recipe.

....I'm dumb. I thought a dutch oven was when someone farted under the blanket! :biglaugh:

(I thought this thread was gonna be a joke of somesort!)

These are dutch ovens..

http://www.castironcookware.com/outdoor-cooking.html

I am pretty experienced in cooking with them and like most dutch ovens we will be using charcoal to cook with.

Cook off is not until October but I like to get started early so I can practice the dish and work out any kinks. These are typically single course entries that go into a category (like beef, chicken, dessert, bread, etc). So a more elaborate dish can just have more freedom as to which category =p And it is not a REAL serious compitition but something that folks in Kernville (where grandparents live) have been doing for some years now and it lets folks get together and have fun.

core_17 said:
....I'm dumb. I thought a dutch oven was when someone farted under the blanket! :biglaugh:

(I thought this thread was gonna be a joke of somesort!)
Me too. I was going to say that a spicy Indian curry followed by a large burrito should yield some interesting results.

...I'm dumb. I thought a dutch oven was when someone farted under the blanket!

They have doctors who can fix such thoughts.:lol:

Zedin I PM'd.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back