DVD drive help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by cherrymoose, Apr 22, 2007.

1. cherrymoose

cherrymoose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm trying to watch a DVD on my laptop, which I do often, but something is not working. I've watched this same movie recently on it though, so I think it must be the computer. You know how a window with a choice of "What would you like to do with this disc?" pops up when you insert a DVD/CD? It's not popping up now, and I already tried re-inserting the DVD. I've looked under all my program files, and can't find the name of the movie-player that I usually use. It's just the basic one that comes with Dell computers... anyone know how I can start it up/find it?

2. bytch_mynickname

bytch_mynickname TPF Noob!

Did you try to click on My Computer and find the drive that the disc is in that way?

3. EBphotography

EBphotography TPF Junkie!

Photos OK to edit
    I would do as recommended above, right click the disk drive and either play or play with.

4. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    drivers up to date? try another disc to make sure that one didnt get scratched

edit: ok i read ur thing again and u said u installed the dvd drive again.... i would still check the website to make sure there isn't any wierd thing that they did. try windows media player