DXO Optics Pro

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought this program and have noticed that its automatic fix makes my clear photos look blurry in the "Prepare" section. But then in the "review" section, the as shot photos look blurry and the edited ones look clear. Anyone else see this?

Can people tell me which looks better?
as shot
park098.jpg

automatic fix with DXO
park098_DxO.jpg

The bottom photo has more clarity in the deep brush parts of the photo but the original pic has a richer color on the green leaves of the tree. I know I didn't help any but figured I would chime in :).

auto fixes on most programs are very inaccurate. And you can acheive better from adjusting manually. have you tried picasa? A very very easy and fast prog to have and it's free. A monkey can get great results with it. I have PS CS2 and a few other progs but this is my primary that I use It it easy to organize and do fast adjustments to all your pics in seconds.

yes I have picasa. Its ok for a free program but its limited. It does an auto fix too. Do you turn that off. Dxo knows each lens and fixes based on its specifics. Its actually pretty nice, but I am confused about these issues

Any program that uses auto mode is just guessing at what you want to do. Though DxO is one of the better ones out there, I suggest that if you want to continue to use DxO, get to learn it's manual side better.

For me, I like it for it's batch mode and good results, however nothing has given me beetter results than CS3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back