dxoMark Nikon ISO numbers

The great thing about digital is that there's a whole new dimension of stuff to nerd out over. We never had this much fun with film.

At least there's less things to nerd about film and more to focus on producing good images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, digital has now more resolution AND better efficiency than film, and is only getting even better.

Plus its extremely cheap and convenient in comparison.

The only thing film has still going for it is (apparently, if you believe people like Ken Rockwell) better color recording. However, even in that respect digital has its advantages - like being able to set a white balance, or even use a tool like color checker.

Not true on the resolution front. It's pretty close. It's better than what most people could actually get on to the film most of the time.

But it's not literally higher resolution than when fairly good consumer film was, at the end.

Dude, digital has now more resolution AND better efficiency than film, and is only getting even better.

Plus its extremely cheap and convenient in comparison.

The only thing film has still going for it is (apparently, if you believe people like Ken Rockwell) better color recording. However, even in that respect digital has its advantages - like being able to set a white balance, or even use a tool like color checker.
I think where film will have the most appeal and strength is to people who enjoy using film, enjoy developing there work.
I personally dont care about that but a good friend of mine has few film cameras and a little development (b&w) lab in his basement and he enjoys it so much.
So its mostly a personal thing, for me the days of film are long gone but I can understand people that still enjoy it.

Most reactions

Back