Dylan - senior (5 poses)

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by thebeginning, Mar 27, 2007.

1. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    here are some from dylan, shot today...i was feeling particularly uncreative today for some reason but walked away with a few i was happy with...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]4 and 5 were more of his request...he wanted a shot with some of the tapestry in it somewhere...this is what we ended up with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for taking a look! sorry for posting so many seniors recently...there's just one more girl I want to post and then I'll be done for a while, i promise! :D

2. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    No! Please don't be done. Your stuff is great:) I think the use of the tapestry looks best in #5. In #4, it looks a bit forced to me. I'm really liking #2 the most out of this series. What kind of lens did you use for that one?

3. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

dont ever apologise for posting.. i am always inspired by your work! I think my fave is #2... his eyes look especially beautiful in this one and he has a nice expression. Your photos are always sharp as a tack... i know that the primary reason is that you are a highly skilled photographer :0) but have to wonder if the 5D and your impressive lenses help a bit too!? x Cant wait to own gear like yours!

4. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

one last (or maybe not last!) question from a confused Aussie... what exactly are senior photo sessions about. Have been meaning to ask this for a while. I am not at all familiar with school kids / or uni students getting these here in oz but sure wish they would... might help add to the work pile. Are they for school books or just for themselves??? I am confused and curious

5. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    These are very nice as well. I think I prefer 1, 4, and 5 with 5 being my favorite. Did you use some reflectors in the outdoor shots? I have an upcoming senior shoot myself and am still a little nervous about posing him. This would be my first senior shoot.

Jemmy, each year the highschool seniors have senior photographs made. They are basically to pass around to friends/family and to stick in the invitations to graduation.

6. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks again, john! I actually used a speedlite attached to a light stand plus umbrella (46", white) for the first shot...the second shot was just natural light.

Jemmy, parents also use 'senior pictures' as an opportunity to have pictures for themselves of their child. They will often get prints made to hang around their house, office(s), etc.

7. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    wow. Nice. Um, if you stop posting senior pics I won't be able to get inspiration to keep trying to do this. So, like... don't do that or something. lol

I love the first one! For some reason he looks younger in that one than in all the others though.

8. OttawaPhotog

OttawaPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1 and 5 are my choices for best photo here! But the colour of the vest seem different to me between these 2 pics, 1 being a nice blue and 5 a purple. Not sure if it is my monitor or the lighting in the pics, but who knows! Still I like both shots! Good work.

9. his4ever

his4ever TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    have to say, when I saw picture #1 all I could say was... HOLY COW!! What a great picture.

10. Turaund2

Turaund2 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i like your work but no 4 has a shadow that takes away from that image

11. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

all very nice shots as usuall....i have to say though that #1, the intensity of the green (which i love!) is also distracting from the subject.. #2 is the winner for me and i happen to like the shadows in #4, as great depth to this moody shot.

i totally understand when you come home/or go to a shoot and you arent feeling very inspired.....as long as your clients cant tell, it doesnt matter!!!
    and please...keep posting these....i am searching around here for some highschoolers who will pose for me and maybe this is something I could get 'started' up here.

12. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    fair enough Kim, i'll keep posting them!

at least if they're worth posting :)