Dynamic range from D800

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shooting straight into the sun, no post process whatsoever, If this was my D7000 it would have been a low key lighting kind of picture... lol

416389_10150855412838600_529433599_9925906_1857190753_o.jpg

May 3rd. I was traveling for work so I didn't get to play with it much but I'm planning to test it extensively this weekend :D

"If this was my D7000 it would have been a low key lighting kind of picture" - what do you mean?, didn't understand your terminology...

"If this was my D7000 it would have been a low key lighting kind of picture" - what do you mean?, didn't understand your terminology...

I mean the bright sun would have fooled the meter and give me the wrong reading, and the pictures would come out all dark. Either that or blown out sky.

I mean the bright sun would have fooled the meter and give me the wrong reading, and the pictures would come out all dark. Either that or blown out sky.

Damn man your right!, usually it does that!, which means that the D800 is kick ass sensor wise? :D

Wow... here I was just today wondering if I should go D800 (I cancelled my D4), and thinking "man, but I bet the dynamic range on the 800 is gonna be a disaster".

This is impressive. Very impressive.

If I recall the sensor scoring correctly the D800 sensor has the "highest dynamic range" available today. Still remarkable what you exemplify here.

BTW, highlight recovery is AWESOME! I can recover about 2 stops of what thought to be blown out areas.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back