E-bay story

jwkwd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I did not know where to put this, but since I only shoot film, here it is. So I have been stalking E-bait like usual and came across a camera bag that I did not need. A Tenba P-795 for $20.00, what the heck. I usually carry a Nikon F4 & F3hp/MD-4 with some lenses and flash and whatever in a Tamrac 5612. I carry a Nikon F2 and F3 / couple of lenses in another bag ( Tamrac 5608 ), And just to be different, a Canon F-1 / 50mm & 70-210 in a small backpack kind of pack that I keep in the car all the time. Anyhow, although I like the Tamrac's, I did want something to carry the contents of the pro12, but a bag that was a little more form fitting to my body than them since there is a lot of weight, hence the idea of spending $20.00 on another bag. I used buy it now, and waited....and waited. After a couple of weeks I figured I just lost $20.00, so I make a non received item thing with Pay pal ( yesterday) and sure enough, today I get the thing. I open up the box and everything seems alright. A bit dusty, but no smell of mold or mildew, or cuts. I vacuum it out and brush it off, and now it seems hey, not bad. I take out the bottom panel and shake out the mouse poop that is in there, and I am good to go. As I am sitting on my sofa rearranging the dividers and everything 50 times like you do when you get a new bag when I felt something. I opened a zippered compartment in the back of the bag and find a Kodak pocket master photoguide ( 1981, like new ), a manual for a Canon F-1 (didn't have), and a manual for a Canon FN motor drive (getting) and some misc. filter info and stuff. BONUS! So even though there is really no point to this story and I just wasted 5 minutes of your time while you read this, I am feeling pretty good about a cheap score. :)

Hehe... Good finds, my friend!

lol... good story :)

actually, I almost sent back a bag I ordered online but which I did not like... with my CF cards in there... !!! only realised last second ;)

That's funny...but not, Alex. I could'nt even imagine how cards and things like that people acquire over a period of time that just disappear.

Thats awesome! It's pretty funny that people forget to clean out these bags before selling them!

i love searching ebay for lenses.... the cheapest (and only) one i got off ebay was $90

ummmm what are CF cards????

I am having a debate with myself about what to buy on ebay at the moment. Here is my delima.

I can buy an adapter to shoot my minolta md lense on the maxum I bought and also on a sony alfa if I ever decide to go digital (spit)...

Or I can buy a m42 adapter for the maxum and sony and invest the difference in m42 lenses. The MD adapter is about 65 bucks with shipping and all.

The M42 is about 35 but the real difference is in the lenses. I have couple of nice auto focus zooms so cool, but they are both short for weddings kind of lenses. If I get a 100 mm auto focus big aperture lens it is going to cost me a months income. In MD half a month. In M42 fifty bucks max. A fifty mm 1.7 lens that on a sony would be about eighty mm and good for portraits can be had for fifteen bucks in m42.

Of course I have a bag filled with MD glass but nothing spectacular. I could part with any of it and be fine. It is a real quandry.

Most reactions

Back