The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am interested in creating an e-book with a long trip report of my last trip to Laos supported by lots of images. After reading reviews about most of the Blurb-like packages, its unclear that they are good at managing text and images.
I'm about down to writing it in Word with linked images and then flowing that into a few month's subscription of Adobe In-design. Does anyone have experience with DTP packages like Lucidpress?

TIA,

Lew

Have you reviewed Scrivener? From my limited use with it, I like the workflow it provides. And, I believe you can easily export to various formats. I also think you can work with image files pretty easily, but I haven't tried it.

I'm not familiar with Adobe In-Design, nor how it works with Word. I am familiar with Word. Word is great for the reports we write at work (typically 100+ pages, including tables, cross-references, figures, equations, etc). But, we export to PDF.

It handles large files well enough, but when the file sizes get to 10+ mb, at least IMO with my work computer and file management software, it starts to bog down. It's crashed for me several times, sometimes losing an hour or so of work. Save frequently, if you do go this route. That said, I love how I can use the cross-reference feature with respect to figures, and tables, and that it easily creates a table of contents, table of figures, table of tables, etc.

ETA: Scrivener works great on Mac, but I'm not sure about Windows. I believe it was originally created on Mac and for Mac, so the Windows conversion may be different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back