Eagle and Shredded Mini Wheats

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Could not find my horsee freinds yesterday morning. Could not resist these.

Jon Mikal had a cool shot. I think it was called mini wheat storage or something. Anyway we spoke of how cool they look in the field. I should have spent more time with these. Let me know what you think.

Eagle
eagle0wh.jpg

Hay shadow
hayshadow4dn.jpg

Hay Tetons
hayteton2hq.jpg

there ya go...cool shots craig! love the last with the mountains, sky and shadows...very nice capture. and to add icing, you throw in my fav bird! :thumbup: thanks for sharing!

Thanks for looking gang!!! The bird is sitting on this contraption that loads hay into structures the size of NYC apartments. I do not understand. Each ranch handles hay differently.

.ps
Hay must (or is not a bad idea 'round these parts) be quarantined before moving across state lines.

That last shot is sensational!

Have a crack at the same shot again but do a Panograph and see how it comes out. :)

The eagle is a wonderful motif, but my favourite of these is the second because of its crispness and contrasts, the light and shadows -- the mountains are great in the third but the closer view of the second appeals to me more. I also like the strong colours in that second one.

And what, please!, is the correct expression for these hay-thingies? Bales? Tetons? I have never heard the word "hay tetons" before... :scratch:

Many thanks gang!!! I do not think I will reshoot. I am not sure if they are still there

Hay Shadow (#2) is my favorite as well LaFoto. I am not sure what these things are called. Tetons' is the name of the mountain range you see in the third shot. It is the french word for tits. Named by early French trappers who visited the area.

hay! craig... these are great...and your at my favorite place...i will be there in three weeks....the tetons are just beautiful..ya'll should see them in person...craig is so lucky to live around there.....

that is the real "Gods Country"...!!

craig, i have seen these types of photos before, but yours are some of the best..you just a great way of taking them, and show such a different look to them...thanks for a glimse of Heaven.........see you in the middle of september...!! (well kinda..i wont drive up to your house or anything..!!! ) whew! arent you glad??

I saw what would have been a beautiful shot of these round hay bales on Saturday morning, I had my camera with me, filters, tripod the lot, but I was doing 90 miles an hour past it on the M25 trying to get to Saffron Walden before the coffee went cold.

Nice shots up there, particularly the second one.

Most reactions

Back