Early Bath coming!

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wave1954.jpg

Another taken on my trusty Nettar 12 on 120 back in 1955-6. Either Dover or St Margaret's Bay Kent. I was asked if changes in my composition has changed over the years having posted other "oldies" and by the look of it - not much - just the change of format to 3:2 or 35mm format. I still took 2 1/4 sq format up until a few years back occasionally on my Rollei TLR and still crow to square format sometimes for competition - just i hadent heard of the rule of thirds back in the 50's or even the 40's when being taught by my father who was a keep amateur in the late 20's and 30's.

that's a great shot. Love it

I like the poor woman far left who has already had a soaking so her dress went transparent - I wish I had seen her earlier, but the viewfinders in those days were not great and only spotted her at the edge of the frame in the darkroom later.

i like the way her husband doesn't seem to care his wife has been soaked and is refusing to let the on-coming waves ruin his leasurely stroll, has behind his back and everything... Englishmen will walk but never run!

Nice capture. That's one massive spray being kicked up! Yet those two in the foreground are completely unperturbed.

Most reactions

Back