early morning moon

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by photobug, Oct 22, 2003.

1. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

This was prominently displayed above the office trailer this morning. The sky was just light enough to be royal blue, but the sun was far below the horizon yet.

It's a bit fuzzy, as it was hand held at f4.5 for 1/4 sec. I ain't as stable as I think I once was. :)

A tripod would've created a better shot, but... you kinda had to be there. :wink:

[​IMG]

2. ChristopherGrant

ChristopherGrant TPF Noob!

Heyas!

Well I'm no pro, and it's rare that I have much in the way of a good shots myself... but I have to admit I didn't like this picture too much. I totally understand with the handheld thing at slow shutter speeds... but aside from that... There didn't seem much intrest for me in the picture. I liked the moon shape and location, and I like the streams of clouds (from jets?) but the two together didn't seem balanced or catchy to me. Keep in mind I'm no pro, I just wanted to offer a little thought.

What I think could have made it better? Perhaps a little cropping to enlarge the moon a bit than lighting up the clouds a little to stand out more.
    All things being equal, I would trade this shot in easily though for half the shots I made last week.... anaother case of... you had to be there! :)

3. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Yeah, the pic in no way does justice to the scene. In reality, the contrails were much brighter than they are here. It was fading fast & there just wasn't time to fiddle much with the camera settings.

Ah, well... [sigh]

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

dont worry bug! i love any pic that has anything to do with the heavens!!! great work!! now get me that shot of pluto and we will be all set!

p.s. christopher, for a "non professional, you had some very constructive comments!! great job my man!

md