Early spring

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Part of me likes this one, part of me thinks it's too lacking in any focal point. For a shot of this sort, though, I don't know how you'd get one. Comments would be welcome.

OakCreekfrombridgearea_MG_5628.jpg

I generally have to run with my first impression, although I'm sometimes surprised at what others say. Occasionally, a nice curve made by nature (which you have here) is enough--sometimes not. Maybe if you were to burn in the trees mid-way up on the left it would bring out the curve more?

North of town, shot from near/the bridge, looking upstream?

"North of town, shot from near/the bridge, looking upstream?"

Ah, so you remember. This was taken right under the bridge, looking downstream, shortly before sunrise. That place is usually packed but at that hour it was just me.

very nice.. maybe crop a bit off the bottom. but what do i know.

I really like the blue steel color of the water in this shot. My eyes want to see a little more of the red cliffs on the right side - I think that might help reinforce the curve.

Akoz, thanks.

"My eyes want to see a little more of the red cliffs on the right side - I think that might help reinforce the curve."

You may be right, Miss Mia, but in the three shots I took of this scene, I didn't do that. First mistake ever. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

This shows a nice transition from the desolate scrubs in the foreground to the more lush foliage further up...

Generally landscapes don't show well in portrait view as the eyes see better side to side, but this works nicely..:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back