easter puppies

chammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the first try failed horribly last week. here's the second attempt!

all were shot with the tamron 17-50 2.8 for a change of pace from the 50 1.8 or the 70-200 2.8.

used both strobes camera left and camera right; both were at 1/4 power and shot through the umbrella on both.

all were shot at iso 200, 1/200th @ f/8.

puppies_posed-3.jpg

puppies_posed-4.jpg

puppies_posed-7.jpg

puppies_posed-10.jpg

puppies_posed-17.jpg

puppies_posed-18.jpg

puppies_posed-19.jpg

puppies_posed-22.jpg

puppies_posed-23.jpg

The background looks grainy. What material is that?? I think you would have been better off with a roll of seamless.

The background looks grainy. What material is that?? I think you would have been better off with a roll of seamless.

Snuggie material! lol But seriously, it looks like that soft blanket/felt material. A bit too much texture for some people, I don't mind it.

These shots are keepers man, SUCH cute pups and I like the props used.

#3 is my favorite...just so much personality shown in it.

Very attractive photos! :thumbup:

seamless is on the way shortly. :)

not grainy...fuzzy :). its a baby blanket of sorts. only other colors i have are white and black. their little white fur melts into the white background too much, and the black casts a horrible darkness onto them. seems i cant win no matter what color i choose. may try something different and pick up a roll of that blue seamless, and see how that goes.

seamless is on the way shortly. :)

not grainy...fuzzy :). its a baby blanket of sorts. only other colors i have are white and black. their little white fur melts into the white background too much, and the black casts a horrible darkness onto them. seems i cant win no matter what color i choose. may try something different and pick up a roll of that blue seamless, and see how that goes.

Yes, fuzzy. It bothers me because it comes across grainy and just...odd. I don't know. I'm also not a dog person so puppies don't really make me swoon. Maybe that's my problem ;)

I agree with what some of the others have said about the background; I would have went with something smoother. Also, I would have cropped number 6 a little more since all the space on the right seems unnecessary.

That said, I really like numbers 3, 8, and 9. They made my wife gush when I showed her :D

The background is eye catching but the puppies are just too damn cute to worry about it.

THANKS

Hey chammer!

The texture of the background does not bother me so much as its unevenness light wise. It may also help if it wasn't medium gray. Not a very appealing color for most people.

I am way more annoyed by the cheap plastic eggs. It would not have taken much to dye real eggs and they would look a 1000 times better.

I hate to do this to you but I think you know I like you and your dogs so that, hopefully, you won't hate me for it. I want to ask every dog lover here to post in this thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/199112-goldendoodle-office-chair.html
and make it clear to every one that designer breeds are nothing more than expensive mutts.

As you know, it takes a lot more than putting two dogs together to create a new breed.:grumpy::(:grumpy::(

Most reactions

Back