Easy Question New DX Camera

Alright so d7500 it is, I don't need some crazy auto focus. Still no one has chimed in on how the less MP d7500 new sensor is better than the 24MP in the d3400. And if I can got 16x20 on my d5000, how big can I go with the new d7500. And has anyone ever bought one from Jet? Why is it so cheap there? Who should I buy this from...$100 price difference isn't going to sway me to buy from one place or another...thanks!

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

It is not the Sensor quality, it is the Autofocus and White Balance and Color Consistency and Speed. You can shoot kids indoor soccer without flash tracking the players at ISO up to 20.000!!!
I turn mine up to 3000 range and it starts getting grainy/ noise...20,000 sounds rediculous. Whats the quality at that ISO?

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Nikon DSLRs have 3:2 aspect ratio image sensors, and image quality is about lots more than how many MP the sensor has or what the max ISO the camera software allows.
The ISO capability of newer cameras is more about the signal processing (gain) that takes place away from the pixel.

16 x 20 is a 5:4 aspect ratio print size, necessitating cropping a 3:2 image down to the 5:4 aspect ratio.
16 x 24 prints have a 3:2 aspect ratio.

At any rate the minimum print resolution (pixels per inch - ppi) needed to make a high quality print is going to vary somewhat with image content but is as low as 180 pixels per inch.
For the vast majority of digital photographs, at a greater print resolution human eyes see no improvement in print quality.

With image resolution of 4288 pixels x 2848 pixels one can reasonably expect to get high quality prints as large as 24 x 36 from a Nikon D5000.

No battery grip is the only down side. With an iPad connected can I get a live view? Is the app any good?

And the continuous shot stops at 50? I read the specs and that info seems confusing.

It is not the Sensor quality, it is the Autofocus and White Balance and Color Consistency and Speed. You can shoot kids indoor soccer without flash tracking the players at ISO up to 20.000!!!

I turn mine up to 3000 range and it starts getting grainy/ noise...20,000 sounds rediculous. Whats the quality at that ISO?

Here we go. An Icon in a church crypt illuminated by a converter bulb. Best looked at in a color managed environment. The color fidelity is absolutely stunning!

http://zentralkraft.com/smalledit_KO7_4732_.JPG

Somehow the exif data do not show in full after download, while on my computer they show:

full_EXIF_data_KO7_4732_.JPG

Someone here on the forum shoots indoor soccer and other college sports for the money at 20.000 ISO all the time...

Last edited:
PS: I got a 1 Megapixel crop of a D70s file, Baseball shot, on my wall. Print size is 100cm on the long side. No problem.

1/60 was this shot hand held? It does look great!

Technically the d7500 would produce the same result?

full_exif_data_ko7_4732_-jpg.146320

20mm and a 60th of a second is fine handheld. The icon hung on the wall.

If you think IQ is the main factor, I do not think the camera is most important. It is always the lens. So my tendency is to buy the camera cheaply and get a better lens.

As far as I am informed, the D7500 was castrated compared to the D7200 in many respects. The older D7200 can be had 100 Dollars cheaper than the fresh D7500. I would carefully compare. Not that you miss an important feature later.

I would now wait till black Friday. Currently the D500 costs more than last year on black Friday.

Or look at eBay. You can buy barely used D500s for 1400 Dollars there. Due to strange customer unfriendly policy of Nikon USA you should check that the item you buy is genuine US and not "grey market" which does not exist in Europe

PS. You said DX. For 700 you can get a D600 FX, for 900 including the decent 24-85 lens

If you buy a barely used body that would leave you 500 for a decent lens...

IQ is super great up to 3200, more with clever settings and RAW editing and for 500 you can get very decent prime lenses or used very decent zoom.

Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7200 vs Nikon D600 | DxOMark

If you take the D600 into the picture that can be had barely used for half the price of a new D7500....

I would always prefer the D500 over the D600 if I had to choose only one, but I use both and the D600 will soon be replaced by a D850. On a budget I would sure buy a used D600. Great camera if you learn to work around her little weaknesses.

Personally I use a d7200 and a d610. I don't feel 6fps restricts me generally. The d7200 is my favourite camera, though the d610 has the low light advantage

There are also a thing called a tripod.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back