Easy question with canon mounts

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Riggaberto, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Riggaberto

Riggaberto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    How/can you use canon manual focus lenses with the EF mount? The manual focus lenses are so much cheaper, I want to buy a macro for my film rebel, but dont know if it's possible or how I would do it.

Really appreciate the help!

2. Aquarium Dreams

Aquarium Dreams TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If you're asking whether you can use FD lenses with the EF mount, unfortunately, you can't. However, most of the EF mount lenses have manual in addition to automatic focus. As far as macro lenses go, I hear this one is excellent: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-100mm-Macro-Lens-Cameras/dp/B00004XOM3/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-8774412-7587336?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1174710491&sr=8-1[/ame]

I hope this helps.

Edit: I meant that most EF lenses have automatic in addition to manual. As far as I know, they can all be manually focused, but some don't have automatic focusing.

3. Riggaberto

Riggaberto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ah, dang. That's what I needed to know, thanks.

4. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    why not just get nikkor (older nikon) lenses and an adapter? if you're just going to shoot manual focus it won't matter, and many of nikkor's mf lenses are fantastic...as are many pentax and other brand mf lenses. don't feel like you have to limit it to canon, just do your research and you should be good to go!