Eating Waxwing

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Battou, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Shot with Canon FD 100-200 on Canon EF, ASA 200

[​IMG]

I think I over sharpened...oops

2. ypperin

ypperin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think this shot is great, but my eye is pulled to the red leaf to the right of the bird :( Maybe it's because it's color is so different of the surroundings whereas the bird has very similar colors.

3. The Empress

The Empress TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah i agree w/ the over sharpening, and i think it is a too busy. The branches in the foreground are distracting to me.

4. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments, in truth this one was not originally going to posted due to the afore mentioned busyness of it. I posted it primarily due to the fact all I have at this moment is a couple of these and a bunch of journalism stuff and I was seriously tired of looking at the journalism stuff to process it.

As for the branches in the foreground, I had done what I could to crop them out, any more and the grain would have overtaken the picture...but then in the end I oversharpened and did that anyway :lol:

As for the red leaf, this bird is a difficult one to get so I get what I can at any given oppertunity. With this occation the forground is almost as dence as the background, I had a fairly small hole to shoot threw so I could not exactly compose it out and it's way too close to try cropping out. Additionally I am one of those people that does not do unnecessary cloning, if it's there I leave it, not that I had anything to clone over it but still....