Ebay fixer uppers

Borad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't need a camera so badly but sometimes I wish I had manual focus so I look for exceptional deals now and then. What kinds of problems are easy enough to fix that a "for parts or not working" camera may be worth it? I found a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H300 that's "in great physical condition. Turns on but asks you to turn off and back on repeatedly, before taking a picture." I have no camera fixing experience but I could handle cleaning contacts and soldering loose wires. Think it would be as simple as that?

No.

Even the factories that make them rarely repair modern consumer electronics. Save a little longer and spend the extra to get something that's in serviceable condition at the start. It doesn't have to be the newest technology, but "working" is really an asset.

Even the simplest 30-year-old film cameras can be quite complicated, and some even require special tools to crack 'em open. I'd never attempt a DIY fix on anything modern. These aren't your grandparents transistor radios.

I fix a lot of stuff from old cars to old cameras, learn from my mistakes...

As mentioned you cant really fix the new stuff, its not that it cant be fixed its that you dont have the tools, the knowledge, the manuals and the ability to reset things that may need resetting. If you have the fixin' bug i suggest starting with old FED cameras. They can be had for <$20 on ebay, shoot a decent pic, and are mostly stamp steel parts.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back