ebay lens?

I've actually never seen anything like those before...but they remind me of teleconverters, which I've been told to avoid unless you absolutely have to get one.

Also, are you in the UK? If not, and if this turns out to be a scam, it'd be very difficult to get your money back. Most of the ebay scams are from overseas sellers.

I would stay away from this one.
He has a 100% rating, but those are very cheap lens covers, I doubt you will be happy with them

They are just closeup filters it will give you somewhat of a macro effect but not great.

These close up lenses are a standard piece of kit and can be purchased from just about any camera shop. They just screw into the filter thread of the lens on the camera, and enable you to get closer to the subject. the subject will then fill more of the image than before...
As an interim step they are not bad. But you are putting more glass between the subject and the "film", so there is more opportunity for distortion.
If you want Macro. you really need a macro lens or at least Extension tubes. But if you are on a tight budget, or have a compact or just don't take macro often enough to justify the cost . these will be useful. Always try to go for a better know name (they may cost a little more, But the Glass will probably be of a better quality). Most filter makers (Hoya, B+W, etc ), make them...
These are available in different strengths known as "Diopters" (typically 1 to 4). They normally come in a set but are also available separately.

The achromatic closeup lenses work pretty well. They cost around $100 each. Canon makes good ones. The cheap, single element ones you see there are soft because of chromatic aberration.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back