Ebay Light Kit

I have to ask. PLEASE do not take this as a negative question. I am serious about it.

Where would you need 358 feet of range for a slash unit? I am just getting into using my speedlights as remote flashes and tend to only need a few feet for the shots I do. I am sure there is something I am not understanding, but I would really like to know where you need that range?

I think the V4 units quote about 100 feet out of the box. That sounds like plenty of distance for me. Help me understand where more range would pay off so I can make the right decision.

I have a couple vivitar 285HVs some medium duty stands(truthfully much heavier than is needed), shoot through/bounce umbrellas, and some cactus V2s triggers and receivers. the whole setup cost about $350 and serves me quite well.

In a controlled setting, after a couple of test shots you really never need to change your setting much once you get your exposure right.

CxThree, I only have moded V2s, and yes the mods work quite well. While I think that the 100ft that the new V4 offers is probably enough for most, a longer range also means a stronger signal, to overcome interference and physical objects that may block the signal otherwise.

OK. Thanks. I can see how more power on the signal would help. I was thinking distance, but that angle is better.

I have read that the V2s have issues with the 580 EXII so I ordered the CTR-301P set of triggers last night.

I ordered the Lumopro's yesterday with the V4's but a seller I was previously dealing with offered me a good deal on an SB600. So now I've got that, I'll probably cancel my lumo's and V4's, and just keep my eye open for another SB600. Question: Can I run an SB600 with another flash on a trigger system simultaneously (ex. SB600 & Lumo on Cactus V4?)? I messed around with the SB last night and have it operating, but most of my shots still came out underexposed. And the mounts I have don't allow the flash to aim directly at the center of the umbrella, any solutions?

And the mounts I have don't allow the flash to aim directly at the center of the umbrella, any solutions?

This is what's worrying me about that kit. The old Minolta flash I'm using is huge, and on the V2s receiver I scored on eBay (used and even cheaper!) the other day it's going to be way off center. The flash doesn't have a -7 bounce position either.

This is what's worrying me about that kit. The old Minolta flash I'm using is huge, and on the V2s receiver I scored on eBay (used and even cheaper!) the other day it's going to be way off center. The flash doesn't have a -7 bounce position either.

I still haven't found a solution, but I figure the kit was only $60 so getting two new mounts that make the umbrella able to be angled properly won't be a big deal. I am going to try to find a way to rig it though. I grew up watching MacGuyver, I'll use some of his tricks.

I put the flash directly on the stands and hang my triggers next to them and connect with a pc cable. It keeps the flash pretty centered.

And yes you can use different flashes on the same triggering system at once.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back