Ebay rant!

I don't do a lot of selling, (3 items since HS), but haven't yet been screwed there. On the other side of things, I always carefully read the descriptions, and I won't buy from someone with lower than a certain number of reviews. After that, I check toolhaus.org, which will give me every negative and neutral piece of feedback a person receives. Very very rarely do I have a problem.

Yeah, you have to be extremely careful on eBay, never buy from Hong Kong, and watch out for knock-offs, but at least on the buyer's side, I don't have a problem with it.

That being said, since I joined Amazon Prime 3 years ago, I buy almost everything through them.

I don't use eBay specifically because of PayPal...

You give pretty much any protection you might have had by using PayPal, especially if you're foolish enough to give them your bank account numbers.

It's been so long since I've used it, I'm not sure if I remember exactly how it works... I'm pretty sure though that to receive money with paypal you have to hand over the account numbers. I think if you transfer money from you bank to you paypal account you have to do it too.

If there is ever a dispute, they will just take the money out of your bank account, and freeze your paypal account. There is nothing you can do about it, and they don't care about 'your side of the story'.

...I don't know, maybe they've cleaned their act up. That's how it was the last time I used it though (6 or 7 years ago). They were bad enough then that it made me hate them forever, lol. Nothing they do will ever make me want another PayPal account.

I just looked at their terms of use, and it seems that now you actually can close your account. Before it was almost impossible. You couldn't even find any contact information on their site. They made it intentionally hard to reach them...

Very shady business practices if you ask me...

But, like I said, that was a long time ago... I still don't trust them though.

paypal sent the bailiffs in on me over 11 pence once, as you can imagine i told them where to go

My experience is that PayPal will back you up if you get the buyer to sign for the delivery.

Most reactions

Back