ebay XT??

303villain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok ive been looking at the d70 for a while, but now im entertaining the thought of a Canon XT(i wont ask which u recommend, cause i know thatll be a tossup), but im wondering if you would recommend or warn against purchasing either or on ebay? theres a deal on ebay with the XT, 2 lenses, two tripds, a 512 card, bag, cleaning kit, filters, and an extra battery for like 1239....just lookin for opinions from you guys/gals :D

I'd say that's your call...there's always risk involved...check the dealers feeback and make sure that what they are selling is reliable and read the negative feedback they've recieved and why. Then I would say make sure if you do it that you pay with paypal or a service that will refund your money if something does happen.

thats what i was thinkin, well see, im gonna have to wait 2 weeks for my scholarship money to come in anyhow :( i hate waiting!

I just bought a Rebel XT (350D) and it is an excellent camera. I had the same thoughts as yourself. Should I buy from ebay or B & H Photo. In the end I chose B & H photo for a few reasons.

512mb card is too small for the XT and will fill very fast. The listings I found on ebay contained a lot of cheap / non standard items. I even found one with 4 lenses for $1359. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Before you buy from ebay go to bhphoto.com and price out what you want / really need and see what the difference is. I know that I got better quality stuff on bhphoto.

Yeah often the lenses and other items packaged in E-bay deals aren't worth the materials that make them up.

It's usually best to buy from a local dealer, or at least from a reputable dealer. It seems that Adorama or B&H are the big ones in the US.

If you click on the link at the bottom of the page when you order it, you would be helping this site.

thanks alot guys, i will probably go that route as opposed to ebay. ill check out bh photo as well as the local places ive always gone too! thanks alot!

have a close look at what those extra are
2 tripods - why ?
filters - depends on what they are
lens - make/model and Fstop
cleaning kit - I just use a lint free cloth on all my 35mm camera and lenses
Bag - again will it contain all the kit and does it meet what you want
Battery - you can get very good 3rd party batteries - I have purchased a battery from 7dayshop.com for £14 and it last longer than the canon battery

one of the tripods was a mini for close to ground stuff, and the other is a full size. but im not saying that i was going to get that particular kit, in fact i pretty much made my decision when i looked at bhphoto.com so im pretty set on their kit with the KT, lense, and 1gb card. now i just gotta wait for the $$$

Most reactions

New Topics

Back