EBAY?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by JimmyJaceyMom, Dec 11, 2006.

1. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered their camera from one of the camera stores that sell theirs on Ebay? Is it a scam or a ripoff? They sell the camera and three lenses a bag, 2 tripods, 3 filters, a memory card.... all for the price of what the retail shops want for just the camera. I was wondering if you all had some advice for me there! :thumbup:

2. CMan

CMan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Are they a Powerseller? Do they have 100% feedback (or close to it)?

If the seller meets those criteria, then you should be ok. Otherwise, I'd stay away from the deal.

3. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You always take a chance.

Some of those 'deals' aren't that great. You're getting (in some cases) bottom of the line lenses, and nickel and dime accessories that you'll probably wind up not even using.

I have made a couple of purchases from cametacamera. Outstanding to do business with...and no pushy sales reps :)

4. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Never buy these "bundles." Their purpose is to improve the margins of the sellers. The products they bundle are of low cost and low quality. I don't go to stores any more at all except to buy groceries and to visit a bookstore on occasion. I buy everything else on line and some of it from Ebay vendors. I can tell you that Ebay vendors don't usually have the best prices for camera equipment. Go to B&H. They are fast, reliable, very well priced. Can't go wrong.

5. B&H is a pleasure to deal with. I do it whenever I can.

6. Mole

Mole TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with everyone about B&H. I made my first purchase through them a couple weeks ago and their customer service was the best I've dealt with in a long time. Always remember your best souce for researching a business is BBB.com even some ebay sellers are on there because they have an actual store.

7. rwebbart

rwebbart TPF Noob!

We (chipshotsphoto.com) buy all of our equipment from B&H ([SIZE=-1]www.bhphotovideo.com) and they are great to deal with.

We have 7 DSLR's, a studio lighting setup, 4 Film SLR's and a zillion accesories, most of which we purchased from them, and we have...
    1. Always got a good deal
    2. Always been happy with the end rsult of our purchase

Good luck!
    [/SIZE]

8. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks guys. i figured you get what you pay for but for me having nothing the 'cheap' stuff might be good to practice with.:mrgreen:

9. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Most of the things I buy can't be found anywhere else. If I were buying a new hight ticket item I look around before ebay, I have found things more reasonable other places at times. but i do always look on ebay as a place to start pricing things... so do pawn shots these days..

10. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Dont discount sellers who arent part of stores. Just because someone doesnt have 100 transactions, doesnt mean they arent to be trusted. Out of the dozens of eBays ive done - I think maybe 3 or 4 have been with "Powersellers".

I usually research the hell out of a purchase, and often times getting things from different sellers results in a much better deal than a "new unfurbished" model.