Ebony and Ivory Mountains

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure about these.. thought I would throw them out to see what TPF thinks...

There was a storm coming in here.. I was trying to shoot macro, and couldn't do it.. too windy, and it was starting to rain
(beautiful wildflowers, and lots of large red butted Bumblebees... didn't get a decent shot before the storm hit!). So I just
shot some landscape instead! lol!
$!_DSC0817.jpg

Beautiful clear day on this one
$!_DSC0850.jpg

You're bringing back memories of my yearly trips to Denver that I'm not able to take anymore...

I understand what you mean!! :)

that first one is beautiful!

Well, you asked for it, so here it goes haha... Basically, I believe both are great, so I'll just get to the details and try to explain what I see.

1) Composition is nice, except maybe for those high trees on the left that cause a certain unbalance to the whole picture. Besides that, it seems to be a little dark in the foreground for my taste. Love the clouds, and the mountain is a little small in comparison to the rest of the image...

2) Although it's lacking something in the foreground to give a better sense of depth (in comparison to the first one), I believe the composition is stronger. Almost perfectly balance, except for that tree reaching the top of the picture, which makes me wish to see something on the left side to balance it.

Again, I really like both pics, but just trying to look where's room for improvement.
Great work! :thumbup:

That first image, I swear I've been there too....

Well, you asked for it, so here it goes haha... Basically, I believe both are great, so I'll just get to the details and try to explain what I see.

1) Composition is nice, except maybe for those high trees on the left that cause a certain unbalance to the whole picture. Besides that, it seems to be a little dark in the foreground for my taste. Love the clouds, and the mountain is a little small in comparison to the rest of the image...

2) Although it's lacking something in the foreground to give a better sense of depth (in comparison to the first one), I believe the composition is stronger. Almost perfectly balance, except for that tree reaching the top of the picture, which makes me wish to see something on the left side to balance it.

Again, I really like both pics, but just trying to look where's room for improvement.
Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments... I think I prefer #2 also... especially since I can't enlarge the mountain in #1! ;) On #2.. there is road directly below where I cropped it.. nice curvy road, that I wanted to leave in the shot. But it didn't look good. May have to try that one again!

Thanks for the comments... I think I prefer #2 also... especially since I can't enlarge the mountain in #1! ;) On #2.. there is road directly below where I cropped it.. nice curvy road, that I wanted to leave in the shot. But it didn't look good. May have to try that one again!

Maybe if you get a lower (or higher) perspective, that'd make the road more appealing... sometimes that helps
When I see pics like this, I want to quit my job, get out of this city and head to Patagonia... :p

ALmost an infrared feel to them. I like #2, but not much going on. #1 could possibly use a bit more exposure to bring out some of the nice details in the lower 2/3.

ALmost an infrared feel to them. I like #2, but not much going on. #1 could possibly use a bit more exposure to bring out some of the nice details in the lower 2/3.

Something like this?

$!_DSC0817LLLlightened.jpg

Curious what it's like in color too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back