vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
eden-view.jpg

place: mt. eden overlooking one tree hill, auckland (of course ;) )

specs:
canon d10
sigma 15-30/UV filter
1/250
f/8

post processing:

dodge/burn photoshop via layers
USM
Saturation 25%

Well, I want to climb in your photo and sit on that bench. What an amazing sky and awesome perspective of the city. Very nicely done.

exactly Alison.... I wanna be there.... Great great great.... Did you improve it a bit in PS or something? :crazy:

Thats a great picture. The rainbow is like icing on the cake. I noticed in many of your photographs you seem to bave dramatic clouds and/or coverage, is it always like that in New Zealand ? Capturing the water in the front really adds to mood of the picture.

Wow Vonn :shock: !!!

I agree with Alison too ... I wanna climb into this pic and the thing is : it seems as if I could.........the picture quality is bewwwwtiful.
It seems as if , whilst sitting on that bench , that one could almost touch the sky ..... :sillysmi:

Well done , once again , matey.
I love your pics :love:

P.S Interested in seeing how people critique this......how ppl think you could improve on it....I personally feel its beautiful the way it is....

You mean people actually "critique" his pics - I thought this was the swoon over vonn forum :lol:

I love the added effect of the rainbow, it just seems to polish the job off nicely. I love how the clouds look so low too.

Gorgeous :love:

:oops: aww thanks folks, I was quite chuffed when i took the pic, as it had just stopped downpouring - I took three shots of the bench and ran back to the car and starting raining again.

I noticed in many of your photographs you seem to bave dramatic clouds and/or coverage, is it always like that in New Zealand ?

Yeppers, Auckand is on a narrow ithmus that seperates the tasman sea and pacific oceanic, there are some amazing clouds there. I bring them out more by creating burning layer masks in photoshop.

You mean people actually "critique" his pics - I thought this was the swoon over vonn forum

lol, usually i only post photos here i don't like or are unsure about, this was the first time i've posted one I really like. - but here is always room for improvement :mrgreen:

Love the pic, very well captured and cool composition as well! :D :D

One thing id love to have seen though, would be if the bench in the foreground was slighly lit a bit more. Maybe by flash or natural light, i think then it would have been a nice contrast to the sky. Its a little bit to dark for my liking.

The only problem I can see with this photo, is that my eyes keep getting caught up in the busy town behind the bench. Maybe if the bench were a little brighter that would help (or if you used you're black magic to create a lens that could keep both the bench and rainbow in focus, but not the town)

Also the clouds look like they're been processed to me.

would be good to see the same place on a bright, warm sunny day.....oops that's right you're in NZ aren't you. Well that will never happen so forget i mentioned it ;)
Just kidding Vonn, nice composition and a cool shot champ.

Its funny that several people mentioned "climbing into the photo". At first glance I felt very uneasy about the puddle by the bench, after all, I don't have my boots on! This is a great photo, but I do have two problems with it. First, the bench is not centered, but a crop could easily fix that. The second is the rainbow, which I am torn about. While it is beautifil, the fact that the red rooftops (the only thing really getting sun) and the rainbow are the only colorful things in the photo, and both are center right, giving no balance. The same crop that would center the bench would remove the rooftops and make a great photo fantastic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back