*EDIT* i LOVE this shot #2 *photo fixed*

Myspacepix!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
funkfloweryn7.jpg

so heres the deal i made a thread with the original"i LOVE this shot #2" at http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117886 i got a few critiques such as i had a grey patch in the BG (my bad) and i had blown the white out, those are now fixed! take a peek gimme some crit!

I do really like this...my only nitpick is there is too much negative space on the left. Other than that I love how it comes out at you...it reminds me of fireworks. I have a shot of this kind of flower too that I really like.

thanks marc, i truly appreciate it, now if lafoto gave me something good it'd be a first come look lafoto!

The problem with many shooters here or anywhere else that I noticed is they relying too much on photoshop or any other software to perfect their imperfect photos. Is this picture photoshoped picture?

I don't think the photo is crisp enough, beside it concentrate heavily on the flower with no other colour visible.

I know it is hard but you only can try harder. Outdoor flowers never sit still you know, the wind make them move. When the subject is very close like this one a slight movement is greatly magnified.

the only editing i did on this was take a bit of gray out of the background, and also desaturate it, none other than that, look at the first thread, the grey in the bg was taken out. ;)

This was a very big improvement on the first one. The negative space doesn't bug me TOO much, a slight crop might be an option.

This is a strong photo in my opinion, so I took a really close look. Orginally I was going to explain my nitpicks, but it was difficult. I took the liberty of drawing on your photo:

funkfloweryn7.jpg

1, 2: Ghost images. It's not a solid black, although you did a good job of removing the grey.

3: Some lines appearing on the petals.

4: Black speck/pixel.

Nice improvement.

hey thanks, the back lines were actually on the petals i went back to take a quick peek, they were like deformations on the flower and when i bumped a bit of contrast i think this is what i got. the second ghost image was one of the petals, #1 wow nice spot haha! and thats about it! thanks so much for the crit and comments!

funkflowercn8.jpg

here is the third edit, that pixel is gone! and i think i got all the ghost images! yay

It's a beautiful image, but I would probably crop it down so one of the pedals is nearly touching the left edge. It'll anchor it and get rid of the negative space.

LaFoto is looking.
And LaFoto likes this photo (and all its edits) and even the negative space since the "firework flower" now has room to look into.

AND you can always make this a greeting card and put "Happy Birthday" on the side or something like that.

You're developing. At 15, you cannot expect to already "be there", but ... you're on the right path.

A great photo Myspacepix, I really enjoy looking at it!

I'd agree with LaFoto here, the negative space really works for me. Aside from the fact that I think the composition as a whole is very good, I was thinking it would make a nice desktop background - and in that instance the space would be perfect for putting your icons ;)

Passerby - I see no harm in improving photographs with photoshop. No-one is accusing Myspacepix of sacrificing technical photographic skill with PPing, and I'm sure anyone who did that from the start would never achieve great things in photography due to their lack of compositional or creative and imaginative skills.

But wouldn't it be such a horrible waste to discard a potentially beautiful shot with a single flaw that could be corrected in a few minutes on a computer? I think so :D

Sorry, a bit off-topic there.

Good shot Myspacepix, I think you'll be showing us some really great photographs one day!

Chris.

hey, thanks a million!

thank you, thank you

Most reactions

Back