Edited Building - Please Criticize!

Remote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just played around with a little editing program I found somewhere, tell me what you guys think! :boogie:

buildingko5.jpg

Criticize is correct rather than critique. Colors and contrast are flat horrible and the picture is unlevel. Even if all that was fixed I'd doubt it would be a great picture regarding the subject. Most often, less is more with photo editing.

Criticize is correct rather than critique. Colors and contrast are flat horrible and the picture is unlevel. Even if all that was fixed I'd doubt it would be a great picture regarding the subject. Most often, less is more with photo editing.

Not at all - the artistic merits of this image are totally subjective. I don't like "The Scream", but many people would pay millions of dollars to hang it in their home. As for this image, I don't like it; I find the colours far too extreme, and the angle very distracting, however that's a personal viewpoint. I agree with your statement that "Less is more", however, since there is no right nor wrong in a case like this, critique, is, IMHO, the proper term.

I agree with Tirediron, I was reading about a director of photography and the one thing he said about art is, "If there is any rule in art, it is that there is are no rules." I applied that to this image, some people as tirediron said WOULD pay lots! Don't ever stop your creative mind, experiment with one picture in every way possible!

it's a great way to see trippy stuff without actually doing any drugs

hahaha... that was an excellent positive spin. I support it. :)

To OP: Not piling on, but rather supporting. It's interesting to play with the extremes of the balances and whatnot in images, just to see what you can do... it's good to understand how it works in case you ever want such an extreme effect as this, so I do recommend you keep playing with it.

However, it doesn't tend to lead to images that most people would consider appealing, as you are seeing by some of the reactions here. :)

BTW, thet composition of your original shot has some issues as well... clipped corners, the horizon needs straightening (it's tilted), and the perspective (angled walls) could be fixed. (the latter is just a pet peeve of mine, however)

Not at all - the artistic merits of this image are totally subjective. I don't like "The Scream", but many people would pay millions of dollars to hang it in their home. As for this image, I don't like it; I find the colours far too extreme, and the angle very distracting, however that's a personal viewpoint. I agree with your statement that "Less is more", however, since there is no right nor wrong in a case like this, critique, is, IMHO, the proper term.

Meh....I suppose you could be right. I just personally find over-edits like these so repulsive that sometimes I go overboard on my comments. I honestly don't see how somebody could like this overprocessing, but obviously I'm wrong since the OP clearly does.....other's may too, just far from my cup of tea.

Uhhh...

This is drugs:

img_6442.jpg

This is your brain on drugs:

buildingko5.jpg

Any Questions?

Hehe. Just kidding bro. That was kinda trippy though. Kinda feels like your watching a movie and they show a scene from someone's dream.

Thanks guys! Yeah, that's what I was aiming for, haha. A trippy picture :p I wasn't trying to beautify the picture or whatever, just something I liked. Anyways, this was just to see what I should and shouldn't do...So I guess no overprocessing for most shots, eh? Haha, thanks again guys. :)

Last edited:
Uhhh...

This is drugs:

img_6442.jpg

This is your brain on drugs:

buildingko5.jpg

Any Questions?

Hehe. Just kidding bro. That was kinda trippy though. Kinda feels like your watching a movie and they show a scene from someone's dream.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously though, I agree with tirediron and manaheim. While it does limit the audience, artistic expression is one of the fun things about photography (or painting, music, movies, etc.). I personally don't like Picasso, rap music, or Tarantino movies but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

Most reactions

Back