Editing jpegs

If the people who write the manual don't even know, then how do you know that it isn't actually an acronym? :lol: Maybe they just didn't bother to explain what it means.

"RAW" makes as much sense as "raw".

If the people who write the manual don't even know, then how do you know that it isn't actually an acronym? :lol: Maybe they just didn't bother to explain what it means.

If it IS an acronym, then what's it stand for?

(And make sure nasa, cia, fbi, kgb, and mi-5 knows about this.)

If it IS an acronym, then what's it stand for?

(And make sure nasa, cia, fbi, kgb, and mi-5 knows about this.)
I don't know, lol, that's why I said they must not have explained it. :lol:

What does IS stand for?

:lmao:

Call it whatever you want. I'll call it what the manual to the camera calls it.

edit
BTW, CIA often is lowercase. Some Directors of Central Intelligence (a position which no longer exists) even preferred it that way. central intelligence agency.
(Schlesinger, for one. Maybe he was the only one, I don't remember now. Anyway, it's not uncommon to see cia lowercase.)

Last edited:
So how many people have been burning up Google looking for what raw really stands for. I always thought it had something to to do with fixing Really Awful Work.

I don't know, lol, that's why I said they must not have explained it. :lol:

What does IS stand for?

Image Stabilization.

BTW, CIA often is lowercase. Some Directors of Central Intelligence (a position which no longer exists) even preferred it that way. central intelligence agency.
(Schlesinger, for one. Maybe he was the only one, I don't remember now. Anyway, it's not uncommon to see cia lowercase.)

Not according to the CIA website.
fiufiu.gif

Nevermind... I was talking about the "IS" in your post.

Not according to the CIA website.
fiufiu.gif

Right, because the CIA is well known for not lying to the American public. Or reading your mail (that's one of the "most illegal" things that they actually admitted to doing). Or any number of other laws they broke. Obviously everything on their website is the whole truth - no omissions.

This thread is pretty raw bros.

BTW, if you're interested in further reading on the CIA, I suggest Legacy of Ashes, by Tim Weiner - very eye opening book. I've read a lot of books on the subject, but that is probably the most complete. (That's where I remembered the bit about Schlesinger from, for example.)

LOL Backpedal much?

:lol: Rotanimod: "I just got made a fool of by my own words, so I'm going to slam on the brakes and say a bunch of crap about a different subject to save face."

[insert facepalm meme here]

Where did I back pedal? I stated the fact that you are self-contradicting, and that I've been/ continue to be entertained by you crashing and burning in this thread. ;)

Boom!Boom! Out Go The Lights, by Pat Travers Band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the comprehension?? And you even underlined and italicized it. I do rest my case. When most people have their foot in their mouth they take it out rather than start chewing.

Pixmedic forgive me.

Joe

com·pre·hen·sion
/ˌkämpriˈhenCHən/
Noun
The action or capability of understanding something.
Synonyms
understanding - grasp - apprehension - realization

You really do need some schooling; much worse than I had originally thought.

I love that you're letting the southern boy from Tennessee absolutely school you in context of the English language. That must feel great, considering I use words like "y'all" and "ain't."

----------------------

So, are you planning to stop chewing on that foot of yours anytime soon?

Sorry I was away for a few hours, I had to go to class.

Oh dear Lord. I know what comprehension means. You tried to use an idiom that begins with "under the." In using that phrase you were trying to point out that I was in error thinking you meant the philosophy instructor. You used the wrong word in that phrase. Common forms of that idiomatic phrase are under the impression or under a misconception or under an assumption. To say "under the comprehension" especially in the context of your sentence is nonsensical. It is incorrect English usage. You're failing in the very thing you're trying to accuse me of and you don't know it even after I pointed it out. That by the way is called irony.

Then you hand me Tennessee on a silver platter, but I will resist.

Go do a Google search on these phrases:

under the impression
under the misconception
under an assumption
under the comprehension

You really need to quit before you dig your hole any deeper.

Joe

Last edited:
Sorry I was away for a few hours, I had to go to class.

Oh dear Lord. I know what comprehension means. You tried to use an idiom that begins with "under the." In using that phrase you were trying to point out that I was in error thinking you meant the philosophy instructor. You used the wrong word in that phrase. Common forms of that idiomatic phrase are under the impression or under a misconception or under an assumption. To say "under the comprehension" especially in the context of your sentence is nonsensical. It is incorrect English usage. You're failing in the very thing you're trying to accuse me of and you don't know it even after I pointed it out. That by the way is called irony.

Then you hand me Tennessee on a silver platter, but I will resist.

Go do a Google search on these phrases:

under the impression
under the misconception
under an assumption
under the comprehension

You really need to quit before you dig your hole any deeper.

Joe

I think that hole is so deep already that he's made it to the center of the earth. That's why we haven't heard from him. No Internet coverage down there.

Him and Brendan Frasier are probably having some laughs over tea and crumpets right now. Hopefully if they encounter any T-Rex's he might be able to grab a picture for us, assuming he has his camera.

But the dynamic range at the center of the earth is pretty crazy. Since he shoots JPEG only, he'll probably blow the hell out the highlights on T-rex and we wont be able to see his infamous short forearms. Thanks for ruining history!

Well, I'm glad that all I need is a raincoat to read this thread with the multiple pissing contests going on.

Beats needing waders and a gas mask...

Most reactions

Back