Editing Music

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you ladies and gentlemen listen to when you're editing your photos?

Do you actually listen to music when you're editing your photos?

Generally I listen to rock (all sorts but mainly classic rock and prog) but find that when I'm editing I get far too distracted by polyrhytms and distortion. I've found that anything classically composed works much better for me when I'm working, anything from Vivaldi to Ennio Morricone. But then I stumbled acoss Apocalyptica, now I can have the best of both worlds and maintain focus.
[video=youtube;rbTozgoj9OQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTozgoj9OQ"]
watch
[/video]

Last edited:
I love that version. Seems to me Metallica toured with or at least had an orchestra for one of their shows.

I listen to Drum & Bass, Breakbeat and a little of everything else thrown in. When shooting models I crank the Drum and Bass. They do not know what hit them, but they do enjoy it.

Love & Bass

I love that version. Seems to me Metallica toured with or at least had an orchestra for one of their shows.

I listen to Drum & Bass, Breakbeat and a little of everything else thrown in. When shooting models I crank the Drum and Bass. They do not know what hit them, but they do enjoy it.

Love & Bass

Drum'n'Bass all the way. As a DnB DJ there's no lack of beats on the computer to accompany the other creative pursuits. :mrgreen:

Yes!!!!! I am glad there is another DnB head on this forum.

To be more specific; Hospital records crew for the modeling studio shoots. Generally they have never heard it, but maybe just maybe some have gone out and bought London Elecktricity or something. For editing I lean toward the dark side. Old Noisia, Calyk & Teebee, Hive & Gridlock just to name a few.

What style/artists do you spin?

Love & Bass

Not a big DnB fan myself mainly because I haven't heard much but I love listeing to Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares. I know it's not drum and base but it's the closest thing I have in my collection. Here's a couple more I love listening to while editing:

Pain of Salvation, Sweedish prog:

Venetian Snares (not a big fan of the glitched bit but I couldn't find a version without it):

Ennio Morricone (the legend himself):

Love that song but maybe it's just because I watch too many Sergio Leone films.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dreali I love your taste in music. I prefer instrumentals as well but I'm biased since I've been playing in orchestras/bands since I was 11 :p. For editing/shooting (I take my ipod with me to shoot), I start with one of the movements of Dvorak's symphony no. 9, depending on what mood I am in: movement 1 or 2 for optimism and one of the other 2 for pessimism. After that I pick one of my many more in-depth, mood-categorized playlists. :)

Cheers Felix, I must say the same about yours, Dvorak's music is fantastic and I can see how nice it would be to shoot while listening to him, I'll have to give that a try tomorrow! I too like listening to my ipod while shooting, at times I feel I get into a certain rythm while snapping away at people on the street. You mentioned you've played in orchestras and bands, what instrument(s) do you play?

wow...im in good company music-wise.
when im editing im usually listening to aphex twin, hive, dieselboy, propellerheads...oh and the soundtrack to Pi is fantastic for getting in the zone.
i need beats when im being creative. :D

ah that was you!
typically i don't accept friend requests from people not local to me (call me an elitest, but i hate drive by "friendings") but i couldnt help accepting yours...your port is awesome, and as i stated on your page, your pin-up stuff is top notch. def inspirational.
thanks craig.
dieselboy has been at it for a long time, and i agree...awesome dark dnb.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back