Editing Raw images from 350D

hands

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I read somewhere that the new version of Photoshop edits raw images from the Canon Digital SLR's, I downloaded a 30 day trial and then selected the raw images from my memory card and it said couls not read the images, not compatible.
I see it uses a extension CR2, the canon software reads them alright but I am so used to using Photoshop.
Any suggestions?

You need to download the 'Camera Raw' plugin from Adobe's website.

Adobe's Camera Raw plugin does not yet support the RAW files from the 350D. The camera is too new. The last time I checked (I have the same camera), they planned on releasing a new version of the plugin in early May.

Julie

Your camera should have come with software that will allow you to adjust them to where you can edit in photoshop. I think it's the Digital Photo Professional software that came with it.

Using the software that came with my camera, Sigma SD9, I save the images to a
temporay folder usally in tiff format. PS deals with that format easily

Not all applications that process RAW files were created equal. In my experience, It's not a huge difference but I like Adobe's RAW plugin much better than Nikon Capture. Which is miles better than Nikon View (included with the camera). Adobe can go 4 stops over/under and has functions to correct things like chroma aberration and noise. I'm sure they will come out with an update to work with the 350D very soon.

I've been using the gimp and haven't had any problems editing my pics

Most reactions

New Topics

Back