editing suggestions?

amberl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
edits-5304.jpg

any sugestions???

I'll get back to you in about 5-10 minutes :)

I probably went a little too far for some people's tastes, but meh. It was a quick play in lightroom...

amberl.jpg

Now that I see it posted, if you look at her ear you can really tell that I went too far :/ lol

ANywho, my plan was to kind of isolate her more. Everything was really kinda washed out... I bumped the black up some, clarity up some... Where I ended up going over board was in the noise reduction. That's what gives her that "fake" look that you see in her ear... But, fake ear aside, lol...

oooooh I like that! I used lightroom on the first one I posted. I am still learning the program. This is all very new to me!

Don't be afraid to crop "differently". I always crop (now that I know how to do it) to an 8x10 ration. I wasn't sure if a horizontal crop would work on this or not, but I tried it and kinda liked it.

I like how it got rid of the extra junk that didn't really matter. Thank you for your help!

Black & White is perfect! You don't need more. The picture captured such a good facial expression, black and white is the best choice.

Im very much a beginner, but wanted to comment anyway......Personaly i see nothing wrong with the first one. I think it gives it just the right feel. It says to me "cooling down on a hot summer day"....Where as the others just say "hey im wet"....If you get what im saying. At least to me anyway.

Im very much a beginner, but wanted to comment anyway......Personaly i see nothing wrong with the first one. I think it gives it just the right feel. It says to me "cooling down on a hot summer day"....Where as the others just say "hey im wet"....If you get what im saying. At least to me anyway.

I completely agree - the only thing I don't like about the picture as you posted it originally is that the top right corner is so dark it's kind of distracting. Here's my attempt: I dodged the upper right corner a bit (my first attempt at doing so, so... yeah your mileage may vary), converted to black and white, played with the levels to get the girl to "pop", and then added a vignette, like you did, though mine is a little more gentle I think.

IMG_5304.jpg

This is one of those shots where I "get" what's going on there, whereas with the tighter crop it seems like there's some information missing. Nice shot though - I like it (and I had fun playing with it)!

I probably went a little too far for some people's tastes, but meh. It was a quick play in lightroom...

amberl.jpg

Now that I see it posted, if you look at her ear you can really tell that I went too far :/ lol

ANywho, my plan was to kind of isolate her more. Everything was really kinda washed out... I bumped the black up some, clarity up some... Where I ended up going over board was in the noise reduction. That's what gives her that "fake" look that you see in her ear... But, fake ear aside, lol...

It's not just in her ear. Just so you know. It's overdone across the board.

To be honest with you I really like your B&W, but the hose has to go, and a slightly tighter crop.

Personally I feel the hose adds a bit of story, but nice work cloning it out! Just a matter of taste I guess.

Most reactions

Back