Editorial Shoot

Bellavue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

One week ago I did a shoot from a friend of mine. She is not realy a model, but she is alway's nice to work with. I think the shoot came out well. The lightning was a bit difficult, because of the wall.

Maybe I liked it better if the light came from one side and reflected her shadow on the walls.

I try that nex time.

Hope you like what you see..

Editorial.jpg

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul
http://www.bellavue-photo.com

The one on the right is the best I think. Not fond of the way the split starts above her tummy. Throws off the lines a bit I think.

Never noticed it like that, but you are right.

Alway's good that others look at your work...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Jean-Paul

I think that number 3 works the best for me. It doesn't seem as posed as the others, if you know what I mean. It seems more natural.

beautiful composition in pose#4- i like the triangles created with her legs positioned the way they are. her left hand should have been completely hidden behind her left thigh-that thumb is distracting. really nice work, tho. did you use any kind of light control at all?

I actually don't have a problem with any of them; they are crisp and the lighting is even. She poses quite naturally and seems at ease, which really enhances these shots.

My main nitpick is that the 2nd and 3rd shots clearly reveal that crack in the wall, which is too distracting. Can you edit that thing out? The rest of it is easy on the eyes and work well as a grouping. :D

Great work Bellavue, I wish I could shoot portrait like that. Would you mind telling me how you light your shots as that is the one area I am having difficulty with at the moment, and you seem to have it down really well!

#2 is my favorite, the lighting is fabulous. I agree with Terri though, the crack in the wall is a bit distracting because it comes right out from the top of her head. The only pose that I'm not fond of is the first one, she just doesn't look as natural there as she does in the remaining series.

HI all,

Thanks for the great compliments and tips.

Scurra,

The lighning was a bit difficult here, because I was alone. Normaly I use a reflector to bounce the sunlight back into the models face.

This time I could not use it, that is also mainly why I had chosen the light wall. It reflected the sun a bit back into her face. I overexposed with 1/2 stop to make sure the balance was ok. In the end you can always make it a bit darker by playing with the levels in photoshop.

I also used a small fillflash and a small softbox on my flash to fill in the last shaddows.

I would not call these portraid shoots, but Editorial fashion like shoots.

Thanks every one.

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul

Thanks for the tips Bellavue, you have really given me some ideas that I can try and work with in my next attempts at this kind of shot.

Great work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back