EDR moving image

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry this seems to be a popular theme at the moment ;-)

But now I've got started ... I just wanted to experiment a bit. This pic is made from 5 versions of the same RAW. After various tests I decided to desaturate the background a bit, and this is the (at the moment ...) final result :

quaker6.jpg

Original for comparison :

sun008.jpg

So my question is, does EDR work on a moving image? True HDR is, I presume, not possible b/c you wouldn't get identical exposures. I just think the light here in my pic just looks like the wb was set to "very wrong" wheras in a good HDR it should be completely natural looking, the "painted effect" coming from the objects in the picture. Or? Maybe this is a result of getting software to do the donkey work, instead of working on each exposure individually. No such thing as a free lunch ;-)

Original is WAY better in my opinion....a tad more editing on the original and it would be great. I fail to see the need for a faux HDR when the original is exposed properly throughout the scene.

Yeah that's more or less the conclusion I came to ;-) Oh well, you never know till you try :)

Actually I though you did quite well but the scene itself was not really in need of it.

My personal favorite scenes for this are Medivacs, one of these days I'll get weather conditions to take full advantage of it but for now it works for me.

No offense, but it looks like a waste of time to me. (The difference is negligible.) You could have easily gotten results identical to the EDR without exporting the same RAW 5 times.

I do like the first one (EDR) more, but it's nothing that you couldn't have done with one RAW and one export.

Actually I though you did quite well but the scene itself was not really in need of it.

My personal favorite scenes for this are Medivacs, one of these days I'll get weather conditions to take full advantage of it but for now it works for me.

Yes, I have come to the conclusion that certain scenes lend themselves to EDR/HDR better than others ;-)

What's a Medivac?

No offense, but it looks like a waste of time to me. (The difference is negligible.) You could have easily gotten results identical to the EDR without exporting the same RAW 5 times.

I do like the first one (EDR) more, but it's nothing that you couldn't have done with one RAW and one export.

Don't worry, I thought it was pretty pointless as well by the time I was done with it ;-) And it 's interesting what you say because to be honest, I did do quite a bit of PP after making the EDR, most of which was un-EDRing it, because it looked so wrong :lol: :roll:
doh.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back