Ed's Coffee Shop - West Hollywood

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm taking photos for a profile on a popular little diner in West Hollywood. It's been in the area since the 40's, and it has become a safe haven for celebrities wanting to escape the public eye.

_DSF6578.jpg

2. The woman in pink is the owner. Her parents started the diner in 1949 when they moved to America, and she acquired it around 25 years ago after she graduated college.
_DSF6539.jpg

_DSF6543.jpg

4. One interesting thing about this establishment is the loyalty of its customers. This gentleman has been coming to the diner through the decades.
_MG_7780.jpg

5. The employees are also quite loyal as well. The cook on the right has been working at Ed's for over 20 years.
_MG_7726.jpg

6. The food is also pretty great as well. :)
_DSF6552.jpg

Last edited:
good pictures as usual...

but.... in #1 all I'm seeing is the dog's...hm...well... you know....

nice slice of life, history, it really makes it with the back story

Nice pictures and backstory. #4 is my favorite.

I do wish that in #1, there was a picture with the dog sitting or laying on his stomach...

i really like one. I am a sucker for blue and brown. I like seeing through the window and the people outside. It just works. Far as the dog, it is the icing on the cake for me. Love the dog pose. Talk about a foreground element, it doesn't get much better than this with people eating in the background. color of the dog offsets the black jacket the guy eating is wearing as well. And, well the dog sure brings character to the frame and makes the photo stand out from the crowd. Great, really. Guy in the blue shirt offsets the blue roof. This really is fantastic in coloring and composition. Best i have seen in a long time.

Last edited:
1 nominated for photo of the of the month. I had too. i haven't seen such a good use of balance and color in composition in a street shot in a long time.

I do wish that in #1, there was a picture with the dog sitting or laying on his stomach...

I do have one of the dog sitting up, but it doesn't have the character that the first one does so I chose that one instead lol.

_MG_7806.jpg

I do have one of the dog sitting up, but it doesn't have the character that the first one does so I chose that one instead lol.

View attachment 95763
I don't know, I think I like this one better. The first one took the focus off of the coffee shop and onto the dog. This one looks more relaxed. I like it.

Most reactions

Back