eeek! am i gonna die?

slickhare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so yesterday on a sort of "adventure" i ended up trying some sour grass. (if you don't know what it is it's a flower whose stem contains a quite tasty juice). however, i looked it up online and found out that the juice has Oxaclic Acid in it which is this chemical used in bleach and stuff. thing is i feel fine, but i'm hoping and praying nothing comes up! aaaaa :confused:

slickhare said:
so yesterday on a sort of "adventure" i ended up trying some sour grass. (if you don't know what it is it's a flower whose stem contains a quite tasty juice). however, i looked it up online and found out that the juice has Oxaclic Acid in it which is this chemical used in bleach and stuff. thing is i feel fine, but i'm hoping and praying nothing comes up! aaaaa :confused:

And so do other plants/vegetables:
VegetableOxalic acid (g/100 g)
Amaranth 1.09
Asparagus .13
Beans, snap .36
Beet leaves .61
Broccoli .19
Brussels sprouts .36
Cabbage .10
Carrot .50
Cassava1.26
Cauliflower .15
Celery .19
Chicory .21
Chives1.48
Collards .45
Coriander .01
Corn, sweet .01
Cucumbers .02
Eggplant .19
Endive .11
Garlic .36
Kale .02
Lettuce .33
Okra .05
Onion .05
Parsley1.70
Parsnip .04
Pea .05
Pepper .04
Potato .05
Purslane1.31
Radish .48
Rutabaga .03
Spinach .97
Squash .02
Sweet potato .24
Tomato .05
Turnip .21
Turnip greens .05
Watercress .31

I wouldn't worry too much if you didn't ingest a lot.​

oh come on.... I hope you haven't eaten 1 kg of it...

I wouldn't sweat it... I used to chew on those things all the time as a kid - and look at me, I turned out just fine. But, then again, I do hear voices...:crazy:

Calliope said:
I wouldn't sweat it... I used to chew on those things all the time as a kid - and look at me, I turned out just fine. But, then again, I do hear voices...:crazy:

Don't worry... it's normal... especially on TPF

Calliope said:

we'll just have to up your shock treatments a bit, Mistress ... that's all ... if you have any residual traces, we'll just up the amps!

What song would you like Raven and me to sing whilst we juice you?!?!

:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back