Eep

Solarian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I totally missed this forum!

Okay, well, my name is Antonio, I got into photography about a year ago. I've been into cars pretty much my entire life, and when I started getting more involved with online communities, I noticed that other people had some really nice photos of their cars. I looked into photography a bit, but the costs turned me away initially, it would take away too much from mod money :D
My first break came when my Mom bought a D40. I finally had a DSLR available to play around with. I ended up using it way more than she did. After some time, I became really dissatisfied with the capabilities of the D40, but I still wasn't willing to shell out my own coin to get a camera.
The second major turning point was when I decided to go for a year in Korea to teach English. I wanted to continue with photography, but I wouldn't have a camera anymore, since the D40 wasn't mine. Fortunately, I knew someone selling a full kit bag of equipment. A Canon Rebel XTi with the 18-55 kit lens, a 75-300 telephoto, UV filters, circular polarizer, and a weird crosshatch filter that I never use. Also came with a bag and four memory cards.
Before I left for Korea, I picked up this little diffuser attachment for my pop up flash, that I'm pretty fond of, and then finally when I got here, I picked up a tripod.

So now I'm in Korea, and mostly just documenting my various adventures, but I still like to take a few fun shots here and there to exercise my artistic side. I plan on picking up a 50mm prime soon, and exploring my artistic side a bit more, but I may wait until it gets a bit warmer, it's about -11C here right now, and it takes a lot of the joy out if it for me.
Anyway, I wrote too much, that's all :D

Not enough people take the time to write about themselves...this is what makes a community a community. We get not enough intro posts like this, and way too many drive by posters.

Welcome!

Do you post your images somewhere?

Thanks for the welcome :)
Yes I do actually, I have a flick page.
Flickr: urban-ninja's Photostream
I've yet to live up to the name though haha. C&C is welcome on any of them. Oh yea, and I desperately need a graduated ND filter for a lot of my pics, but I only learned of the existence of such a thing when I joined here :D

Most reactions

Back