EF 28-135 mm - is it any good?

Hocke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just ordered a Canon lens (EF 28-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM) over the internet. In Denmark cameras cost a fortune - so I paid 625$ for it!

I plan to use it with my :hail:EOS 350D (Digital rebel?)

I have high expectations for this all-round lens. However, I would very much like your opinion. Do you know it? Do you like it?

I'm by no means a pro - but since I bought my first DSLR ilast october - it's really gotten under my skin. I do landscape, people, action photos.

I already own:
EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 II (came with the camera)
EF 70-210 mm f/4

Thanks in advance

Hocke:Joker:
P.S. This is my first thread - since I joined today! Nice to meet you all. You seem like nice people :)

I know you already bought it, but since you already have that range covered with the other zooms, I probably would have gone with a prime lens, like the 50mm/f1.8. It's an inexpensive lens too.

I've got this lens...use it A LOT...great all purpose lens. I use it on my film cam and my digis. It's no L lens but it is a good performer.
you'll be pleased with it I'm sure.

I know I have the range covered - but I don't like to swap lenses too much. I take pictures in dirty/dusty/wet places so changing lenses could mess up the inside of my camera. Furthermore with my 18-55 mm I feel that I need a little extra zoom.

If you are wondering where I shoot I can tell you: I'm an Danish engineer currently building a harbour in Israel. Construction sites are cool places (but messy).

Thanks for the input

I borrow one from a friend regularly. It's a good performer and an excellent walk-around lens. Avoid taking pictures of people under 35mm on it as it isn't very flattering at this length, but otherwise it's sharp and the IS allows some crazy low-light hand-holding.

Rob

Its a great lens but just don't drop it down the stairs like it did, it doesn't like it:( I would post a shot of it but I can't add attachments

Most reactions

Back