EF-S 55-250mm IS STM

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to say, i'm very impressed with this lens. Having used an EF 75-300mm III for the past 7 or 8 years this lens blows the 75-300mm out of the water in every aspect. It zooms quickly and silently, I don't feel like i lost much in the sense of being able to zoom in on subjects, the sharpness is superb compared to the 75-300mm and it's overall lighter, plus the IS makes it a steal. I got it for 135 out the door from Canon directly, refurbished. I've only shot a few images of my iguana and i can tell this lens is tons sharper than my other zoom. Anybody have any sample images or pros/cons to share?

I have to say, i'm very impressed with this lens. Having used an EF 75-300mm III for the past 7 or 8 years this lens blows the 75-300mm out of the water in every aspect. It zooms quickly and silently, I don't feel like i lost much in the sense of being able to zoom in on subjects, the sharpness is superb compared to the 75-300mm and it's overall lighter, plus the IS makes it a steal. I got it for 135 out the door from Canon directly, refurbished. I've only shot a few images of my iguana and i can tell this lens is tons sharper than my other zoom. Anybody have any sample images or pros/cons to share?

refurbished is the best (includes the regular one year warranty)

I agree, they're great deals. Someone bought new, canon repaired and sold at a used price. Great value

It is a nice lens, I've been using it for a few months now and I'm very happy with the images that I get. I sometimes get some vignetting, which is strange, since the reviews I looked at online said it doesn't have any...

I don't notice it so much, what do you use for a body? The sharpness is tons better than the 75-300 I was using, stm is nice as well.

I Really love my 55-250 for wildlife shots! I have it mounted on a SL1 (100d)
Cow%20Moose_zpszdgaeqbt.jpg

Most reactions

Back