Egg(1)

Eggs and tortoises, what can you say?- The only thing harder to shoot would be a tortoise egg..

What were you thinking when you shot this? The image is good, technically, I suppose. There doesn't seem to be anything to it. Try a crop maybe.

I think you have the beginning of a potentially interesting photo. At least the basic concept is there. Some lighting and POV variations might pull the elements together.

Worth spending some more time on the shot.

...the beginning of a potentially interesting photo. ...

potentially, an interesting chicken?

Just kidding, J.T.E.s critique sounds much better than mine..

They are basically the same, only a close up version...

I rarely get to see a single post of urs that is not about some guideline, it feels like having a bot around.

They are basically the same, only a close up version...

I rarely get to see a single post of urs that is not about some guideline, it feels like having a bot around.

If you don't like this forum's particular rules, you are more than welcome to post in one of the galleries. This is forum is for critique of finished images. Please read the guidelines.

well... i guess one of the mods could step in if theres an issue, but i havent seen them do it, he's only trying to help though i guess

It's not about liking/disliking the forum rules, you can see both photos, they aren't different photos, are they??

It's not about objecting to the rules either, because if you think this is violating the rules of the forum, then you should edit/delete it, as a mod, or so I understand what the mod is for.

Wait I am not trying to tell you how to do what you are supposed to do, I am trying to tell you that you are confusing me.

sorry matt, i didnt know, it just seemed like you were taking the role of moderator when you werent, but now that i know you are one, then i have no problem, I think people just sort of assume that if they do something i'll be ok becasue this is just an internet forum. so they dont necessarily read all the rules before doing something to make sure its allowed, i know i've done things accidentally like that before, (numerous times) i dont really know how to end this so...

Nomade, there's a good reason that Matt reminds people of the rules in this particular forum. Not so long ago, the critique forums were a kind of free-for-all and a lot of people felt they weren't getting much out of it. Anyway, a simple solution to the problem in this case would have been to go back and edit your first post, simply replacing the image with the second, closer crop, which is the image you planned to post anyway.

As for the image itself, the simple composition and water droplets work for me. However, the lighting is harsh. There is too little detail on the top of the egg and too much of the detail on the bottom is lost in shadow. What light source(s) did you use?

I understand Aquarium Dreams, I just didn't know he was the moderator, it's confusing, I am a mod myself, somewhere else...But I never post guidelines to remind people and not do anything else about it, till the person decides to do it himself.

Edit: I deleted the post with the photo

And it was fluorescent lightning, the room's light was fluorescent, and I had a neon lamp(clumsy tough one). I just used what I had, not the best thing to use but what was available to have shade and light.

Most reactions

Back