Egret and Duck Shot (56k Warning!)

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Daylon, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Daylon

Daylon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Interesting story behind this one.

You know, I would never consider myself a "wildlife photographer". Interesting story though, my father passed away about a year and a half ago, and I was over at my mom's house talking a bit about putting this photography site up. She mentioned that my dad had some old camera equipment laying around, if I wanted to take a look at it.
    Well, she pulls out this old Canon F-1 all-manual camera and a few lenses. So i've got this ancient Canon camera and a 28mm (wide angle), 135mm (mid-telephoto) and 400mm (telephoto) lenses. Just to give you some background, the Canon F-1 was the FIRST professional grade camera that Canon released back in 1971. So this thing had been sitting in the garage for probably 20+ years gathering dust. So on a lark I decided to get a couple rolls of film and go shoot a few pics down by this local duck pond. Everything was dusty and I was sure that whatever film I shot was going to come out like crap, underexposed, overexposed, whatever. You know what they say about making assumptions? This is what came out:

[​IMG]

Both shots shot at f/5.6, 100 ASA, 400mm Soligor Lens, 1/125

[​IMG]

I guess that old Canon F-1 still has some life left in it!

Daylon

2. bla

bla TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Wow, impressive. And some equipment in pretty good condition it would seem. My condolences about your father.