TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoservancy.com
Egret in the fog.

D70, 400mm
DSC_0061squawc.jpg

Uselessdreamer1 said:
i like the foggy-ness of the photo. Was that digitaly put in?

No, that day was foggy all day. I got up at 4am and drove 2 hours to be there by sunrise, and it was foggy all day. No sunrise work, but the fog made for some interesting images.

I was trying to think of something when I saw this picture.....my mind isn't wanting to cooperate with me....oh, wait...I remember. WOW!

It looks like something out of a dream. The egret is so graceful and the fog makes the pic something not of this world.

Beautiful :sillysmi:

Wow :shock:
I like how it is placed just on the other side of the image. And the foggy thing makes it special aswell. Great photo! :D

Thanks for all the nice comments everybody!

I did in fact "muck" with the crop. The actual image had the bird right smack in the middle. I only got one shot off and I had to do it in the fastest way possible. I had it posted on my site, "as is" but that middle pose was just killing me. Damn thing just looked lost. I have cropped and recropped about 5 times before getting it how I sort of like it. You're right, it's still not just right.

Cropping is the only enhancment made, the fog is real. I hope the fog works better on other monitors than it does mine. In the real image one can see the faint outline of the tree in the fog, but on my monitor it's almost like a grey mask.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back