hazy,lazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so on my laptop these pictures appear to be black and white
zZ1IE.jpg

gPZzo.jpg

but they seem to be all green and whatnot on my pc.

so i'm basically wondering how they look on other people's screens

Are your laptop and PC monitor calibrated?

As it is the technologies used to make laptop and monitor screens is different. Laptops don't offer as much viewing angle latitude as monitors do.

Also laptop screens lack many of the adjustments that monitors have for things like brightness, contrast, gamma, whitepoint, RGB, etc.

I too am trying to figure out a color management solution for myself. Unfortunately I just spent a bunch of money, and can't afford a hardware solution. So I guess I'm calibrating recent non-color corrected prints to my monitor.

i've got green tint and bit of blue in the arm as well.
so it seems that your laptop is the aberrant party here from what everyone else is saying
on a mac laptop you can do a sort of makeshift calibration, without external hardware, but i don't know if that's possible on a window's laptop...and there are so many different factors with windows laptops.
but that might be the cheapo cheapo route to take if you can adjust the colour profile on your laptop..
sorry can't be of more help

Last edited:
Hate to be the fly in the ointment but there are a couple of problems here that need to be addressed. First the laptop.

They are great, and they are convenient, but they suck for photo editing. Good for viewing, but editing, no. That is because you can usually never get the exact same set up every time with a tilting screen. If it isn't the same every time then you are not looking at the screen at the same angle. This changes the rendition of the image you see. Only solution to this one is to get a laptop stand that is adjustable and open the screen to the farthest position and have the laptop on the stand with the stand in the same position every time. It will get you close.

The second issue is simple to solve, but will cost you money. The only way to get true color reproduction is to hardware calibrate your monitors. You can chimp with a printer and get close, but in the long run hardware calibration is hands down the best method.

thanks for the help guys. clearly the problem is with the laptop.. i'll just do the editing on my pc from now on. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back