Eldar Wood

Maven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gatheringshadow.net
This is a quick shot with a quick set up. He is a hand carved figure. I thought about what picture to post first since my return and decided him, don't ask why. Please hack it apart.

DumpFile105.jpg

I really like the figure and where you placed him in the shot but that strip of light down the right side is a tad distracting.

hey, interesting figure there. As bennyboy said, the light on the right is little distracting

IMO, i don't feel that the light is distracting.... in fact, i found the wooden-color thingy at the back distracting.
perfer if the blurred background could be shifted.... just IMO though.

I think you would have made a more interesting shot if you turned the statue round and shot so some of the light (that is distracting to my eyes) would pick out the changes in texture/angle of the carves faces more.

yes. keep the figure, and the placement. a common practice with 'figures' and things like this, if you put them at the sides of your picture at least, is try to think about where the figure is going. if it is on the left side facing left, it is 'leaving' the picture. If it is on the left facing right, it is coming into the picture. i think this is great, and i'd like to see it with some different backgrounds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back