Election 2006 (56k not so much)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by omeletteman, Jan 10, 2006.

1. omeletteman

omeletteman TPF Noob!

For those in Canada, you know that it is election time again, so my university had all our local candidates in for the day to talk to students. I took some photos for our school newspaper. Any comments would be really appreciated since this was my first time doing this sort of event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking :)

2. Joerocket

Joerocket TPF Noob!

Nice series Omelette! I think the blurry people look neat, but in a journalistic pov i think they are a little distracting. Also, being a total newb to journalism, i dont think these shots really "tell a story" i think maybe if you caught someone in mid word, with someone listening intently in the frame as well or something along those lines ( I think the first is the best because it looks as though there is some slight tension, which captures the mood of election time to a tee) all in all good shots man, thanks for sharing!

3. Alexandra

Alexandra TPF Noob!

WAIT A SECOND! you're from QC??????

awesome shots! I love them all :thumbup:

4. omeletteman

omeletteman TPF Noob!

Thanks for the critique Joerocket, I'll definately keep your comments in mind the next time I'm doin this sort of thing.

Alexandra, sorry to dissapoint, but I'm not from Quebec... I go to school in Nova Scotia, but I'm originally from Alberta. Thanks for the comment though :)

5. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I think you should edit them down to two frames. The standing around or wide shots are a little tough. Sure the team and the approach is important. Some how I think the focus should have been on his words and the response of the folks involved.

6. cbay

cbay TPF Noob!

Great Series of shots! There nice work. Out of intrest what camera and lenses did you use?

7. omeletteman

omeletteman TPF Noob!

Thanks cbay. These were taken with a friends 20D, with a 28-80 IS USM lens (I think that was what it was...)