Election 2006 (56k not so much)

omeletteman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For those in Canada, you know that it is election time again, so my university had all our local candidates in for the day to talk to students. I took some photos for our school newspaper. Any comments would be really appreciated since this was my first time doing this sort of event.

k1cbnr.jpg

k1cbqd.jpg

k1cbut.jpg

k1cbx2.jpg

k1cc1z.jpg

k1cc44.jpg

k1cdfs.jpg

k1cdif.jpg

k1cdnr.jpg

k1cdqe.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Nice series Omelette! I think the blurry people look neat, but in a journalistic pov i think they are a little distracting. Also, being a total newb to journalism, i dont think these shots really "tell a story" i think maybe if you caught someone in mid word, with someone listening intently in the frame as well or something along those lines ( I think the first is the best because it looks as though there is some slight tension, which captures the mood of election time to a tee) all in all good shots man, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the critique Joerocket, I'll definately keep your comments in mind the next time I'm doin this sort of thing.

Alexandra, sorry to dissapoint, but I'm not from Quebec... I go to school in Nova Scotia, but I'm originally from Alberta. Thanks for the comment though :)

I think you should edit them down to two frames. The standing around or wide shots are a little tough. Sure the team and the approach is important. Some how I think the focus should have been on his words and the response of the folks involved.

Thanks cbay. These were taken with a friends 20D, with a 28-80 IS USM lens (I think that was what it was...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back