Elegy for South Park

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by terriwu, May 30, 2004.

1. terriwu

terriwu TPF Noob!

South Park, San Francisco, CA
    The now deserted "Ground Zero" of the dot-com era in San Francisco.

This was taken with a Lubitel 166U. Another plastic camera - this time a TLR. Film was Tri-X 400.

[​IMG]

2. luckydog

luckydog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know what it is exactly (yet) but i do like this shot. The focus is good, with nice clarity of the closest swing. However there is a slight blur in the top right of something OOF. If the owner of the car parked elsewhere it might have added to the desertion of the shot too.
    Good vision to choose the angle for the shot.
    If i where you i'd go back and maybe play with a motion shot if you can get them swing in different positions yet still in frame (as they slow down). Could make for a cool shot too!

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like this shot! The lighting is exquisite, especially in the foreground. I've not heard of this particular plastic camera. It's a little cluttered in the background, but since it goes so fuzzy, it's fine by me. Nice shot! :D

4. Rainman

Rainman TPF Noob!

Great shot! At first I was distracted a bit by the bright area in the background, but the more I look at it I like the way it kind of draws out the diagonal. I really enjoy the way the light on the sand makes the nearest swing feel three dimensional.

5. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

Great clarity of the first swing and the tone is great. Did you develop this yourself?

6. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good pic.

Is this taken from a window?

7. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like this too, love the textures of the snow, and the cold steel. All in all I'd say this was a very nicely composed photo, sharply focused, and the snow/steel/deserted aspect of this all work well together.

8. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

I really like the lighting in this one. Is that snow? I was assuming it was playground sand.

9. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oops - I think you might be right drdan - I guess around here the sand doesn't look so fine and pure - still like it though.

10. thebigbillybob

thebigbillybob TPF Noob!

haha i chuckled at that ;) but anyways very good compostition there! i love how in focus the front swing is... however yes i would suggest a reshoot to get that damn car outta the background and if its still there break the window and put it in nuteral and push it outta the way HAHA! and i am very curious about this new platic camera you have here can you give us (me) a link to a site where i can see it? is it similar to the holga? thanks

11. terriwu

terriwu TPF Noob!

Thanks for the comments!

No it's not taken from a window, what you may see as a reflection in the upper right corner is actually a light leak in the camera body.

It's sand..not much snow here in San Francisco :)

Here is some information about the camera if anyone is interested: http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/lubitel_166.html