Elements 6.0 question

soccergirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, this is probably a stupid question but that won't stop me from asking! I just installed Elements 6.0. When I'm in the organizer the menu bar is not visible. It took me about 20 minutes to realize that there are some arrows where the menu bar should be. When I click on the arrows it will show the menu options in a drop down box. I can't figure out how to display the menu bar permantly. Anybody know how to do this? It's probably something simple but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

the menu bar? As in the side bar that shows all the tools? Or the one that gives you the options of what you want to do next (ie, quick fix, full edit, guided edit?)
Open up your oranizer, at the top, click on the small thumbnail size so you can see all the pictures that have imported. Select one. Click Fix and from that menu you can select Full edit (or guided edit, whatever you want to do). It will then open up the Editing workspace with the tool menu and off you go!

No, it's the one at the top that says File, Edit, Find, View, Window and Help. I'm in the Organizer window. The menu bar shows up in the Editing window.

So in the organizer you cannot get the File, edit, find, view, window bar to stay there??

Have you tried uninstalling,restart, and then reinstall&restart

So in the organizer you cannot get the File, edit, find, view, window bar to stay there??

That is correct. I keep having to click on the double arrow to get them to display (black arrows on black background - who came up with that?)

And no, I haven't tried unistalling and reinstalling.

when you do get that bar back, go under view or window and see if there is an option to display the menu bar. It might not be clicked.

when you do get that bar back, go under view or window and see if there is an option to display the menu bar. It might not be clicked.

Yup, already tried that too. If there is something like that I haven't found it yet.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and that did not solve the problems. I think I may try to contact adobe.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back