• Total voters
:scratch:

Hmmmm... must be an american thing. :-(

I should start an aussie poll:

Natasha Beddingfield (lady luck )
Sammy Lucas
both! ( :cheer: )
neither ( :irked: )

I voted for Elfman because he has been my favorite composer for a few years. However, I absolutely LOVE Newman's score for Lemony Snicket's. The funny thing is that I sat through the whole movie thinking that it was Elfman's work.

Both are cool but give me John Williams anyday. Elfman is kind of redundant IMO. good moody stuff but it all sounds the same to me.

I like John Williams as well...but listen to Holst's The Planets sometime and tell me you don't hear Williams in there.

mygrain said:
Both are cool but give me John Williams anyday. Elfman is kind of redundant IMO. good moody stuff but it all sounds the same to me.

I agree about Elfman being redundant. However he wrote quite a few good scores before he started basically rewriting the same score over and over. Well, enough to satisfy me, anyway. :)

PetersCreek said:
I like John Williams as well...but listen to Holst's The Planets sometime and tell me you don't hear Williams in there.

And Mozart's Requiem (Duel of the Fates), Stravinsky, Hindemith, Mahler... John Williams does wonderful things with other people's music. OK, I'm being a bit too hard on him, but never seems to write anything that hasn't been heavily influenced by something else...

One thing I don't care for about Williams, is that it's good music to listen to during the movie. But if you play just the soundtrack, it doesn't hold my interest. Something New and Elf can.

But regardless I can't add him into the poll unfortunately. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back