Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got to try some different :)

_D6C9184-edited.png

Strobe in the brolly? I like the concept. :) I'm guessing that you still had some natural light in the sky to get the buildings and the
hills in the background?

Loving 99% of this! Just not feeling the checkerboard umbrella. I think a solid color would have worked better, but you use what you have- totally get that!

This is wicked good stuff! Maybe a black umbrella? I think you would still be able to see enough light through it to get the idea. White would maybe be too much? Awesome concept, and a beautiful picture! I have to try this!

Thanks. I was going to post the lighting diagram for this but they don't have the right icon to show the flash was mounted under the umbrella :D

@JustJazzie, yeah that's all I got around the house. If I had options, it would be something more colorful :D

@Granddad, it was about 10 minutes just after sunset so we had a bit of light. It was also shot at 1/60 of a second.

Last edited:
I'm stealin' it!

J/K ... nice work, very original.

P.S. Can I steal it sometime?

Really awesome idea! Flash looks a little too bright on my monitor though and could have been cool if you had gelled the flash to match the ambient, (more blue), or the opposite just so it doesn't look as white! You could probably get that effect in post processing too actually..
Good work overall though!

Most reactions

Back