Eloise Beach Shots P(ic Heavy)

Timothy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here are a couple of shots from last week end.

these are a selection of the ones i quite liked... though after uploading them i just noticed that in soem of the shots the horizon line is right at neck height, whoops and in some it looks liek the horizon is uneven, but that's due to the sand, and i hope it doesn't look too bad, same as weith the sky looking very bright.

well on with the show.
appreciating your C & C in advance ;)
IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

8. yeah i know with this one i should have lef the room on the left rather than the right, but she was just crawling all over the place.
IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

10. a niec family shot i thought
IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Most have bad exposure as well as they all seem very soft and the colors seem dull. In other words I think I could get better results using an old point and shoot.

Moving right past Live_free...

Your compostion is good, however most seem underexposed & soft. If you can try them again a reflector would be great. The little girls is really cute and looks comfortable with being photographed, but you just need to capture her eyes!

The alleged "dullness" and "darkness" isn't to a degree that it couldn't be countred with a bit of post processing software. There is much more in these than meets the eye in these SOOC-versions (and I guess these are "straight out of camera"? With no pp applied?). To my mind, even the shortest, fastest pp (application of auto-contrast) and a bit of Unsharp Mask could do a major "trick" to these.

The first few are all different from the last with regards to the colour temperature, I wonder why this is so? Did the sun come out a bit more, while the first were taken with a heavy overcast?

If you want to put this as a whole series into your baby album, I'd attempt to bring them all to the same colour temperature, i.e. lose the amount of blue in the first few and add some more yellow to those. As of Photo 10 (family pic, I like it, mind you, given that it was on timer and all - I should think!), they look warmer, sunnier, cosier, given the fact that you're on the beach.

Something that might have reflected some of the light from that bright sky into her face and eyes (in the photos beyond 10, there are too many to specify on individual photos here, sorry) would have made her eyes be brighter, more radiant, more lively. It could have been a white towel being held up by your wife, just for example. Or you craft yourself a sort of reflector from white cardboard or cardboard covered in aluminium foil or something like that?

I like what you did there in the first 3 shots. The change of expression.

The alleged "dullness" and "darkness" isn't to a degree that it couldn't be countred with a bit of post processing software. There is much more in these than meets the eye in these SOOC-versions (and I guess these are "straight out of camera"? With no pp applied?). To my mind, even the shortest, fastest pp (application of auto-contrast) and a bit of Unsharp Mask could do a major "trick" to these.

The first few are all different from the last with regards to the colour temperature, I wonder why this is so? Did the sun come out a bit more, while the first were taken with a heavy overcast?

If you want to put this as a whole series into your baby album, I'd attempt to bring them all to the same colour temperature, i.e. lose the amount of blue in the first few and add some more yellow to those. As of Photo 10 (family pic, I like it, mind you, given that it was on timer and all - I should think!), they look warmer, sunnier, cosier, given the fact that you're on the beach.

Something that might have reflected some of the light from that bright sky into her face and eyes (in the photos beyond 10, there are too many to specify on individual photos here, sorry) would have made her eyes be brighter, more radiant, more lively. It could have been a white towel being held up by your wife, just for example. Or you craft yourself a sort of reflector from white cardboard or cardboard covered in aluminium foil or something like that?

I like the advice, it is a great starting point to improve the shots already taken!!!

Love the Setup and composition; next time maybe make a board with alumimum foil as a mak-shift reflector to light up one side. It will give a three D effect. Keep posting. Love the tutu lol

cute subject.
soft focus.
flat colors.
nice comp in most.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back