Email Verification

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think it would be a good idea to do email verification when new people join. It would do away with spammers . Most of the other forums i'm on do this.

I think it would be a good idea to do email verification when new people join. It would do away with spammers . Most of the other forums i'm on do this.

A lot of ISP's are blocking emails randomly and we have found that it's better to fight the spam, than to make it hard for people to login to the forum.

The more members we have, the more information we can share and the quicker we are notified about spam that does get through.

Thanks for your concern and know that we are always fighting the good fight and trying to keep as much spam off the forum as we can :thumbup:

I am sure we had email verification before - could it not be retained but with a clear notice to people after the email is sent to check their spam folder for the email?

I am sure we had email verification before - could it not be retained but with a clear notice to people after the email is sent to check their spam folder for the email?

Sometimes the ISP blocks our emails before they ever reach your inbox or spam folder. I deal with this in the support email all the time and there is nothing we can do about it on our end :(

Has it always been this way?

...I thought we had that when I joined.

No, and it prevented a lot of new members from using the site. We are researching some new ways to prevent spams/bots on the site...

Most reactions

Back